IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is recruiting for a BIM Designer to join the team of our client, a residential builder/developer based in Dublin, Ohio. As a BIM (Building Information Modeling) Designer, you will assist in preparing and developing drawings and specifications for the company's communities plan collection. This includes updating, organizing, and maintaining prototypical drawing sets used by all 6 corporate regions (Columbus, Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville and Indianapolis) and franchisees. The position will operate CAD/BIM based applications to design, create, and/or modify residential architectural construction documents to a quality that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction, and internal review criteria. Finally, the position will audit marketing renderings to ensure they match master plan specifications.
Employment type: Full-time
Flexibility: In-office in Dublin, OH with flexible work culture
Pay: $65,000 – $75,000 per year
Responsibilities of the BIM Designer position
- Apply knowledge of residential design, plan production, construction details, and building codes while creating, reviewing, analyzing, understanding, and modifying residential construction documents (master plans, base plans, and job starts) to meet the company's needs, standards and specifications with CAD/BIM software such as Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Develop and maintain moderate productivity speed, quality control, and accuracy on assigned projects.
- Communicate with internal customers through email, and conference calls pertaining to their specific projects and additional projects other team members are working with. Providing above average level of customer service to all customers while communicating timelines, standards, and deliverables to supervisor. Manage plan modifications through coordination with outside consultants, such as engineers, architects, and designers.
- Participate in regular meetings including, but not limited to the following: Provide project status reports with product development team and project summary reports to analyze effectiveness of production methods, client updates and requirements.
Requirements for the BIM Designer position
- 2+ years of experience preparing and/or modifying residential construction drawings.
- Associate of Science Degree in Architectural Design or Residential Construction required with Bachelor’s preferred
- Proficient knowledge of architectural systems and detailing, experience with various project phases (Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents etc.), basic design skills and knowledge of building codes.
- Strong experience with AutoCAD, Revit and other 3-D modeling software, illustrative skills and Bluebeam
- Time Management: Use time effectively and efficiently; value time; concentrate efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities. Being able to create accurate project schedules and meeting deadlines.
- Customer Focus: Ability to cultivate relationships that secure commitment and trust with internal customer needs.
- Problem Solving: Use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Decision Quality: Make sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement; sought out by others for advice and solutions within the scope of responsibilities.
- Documentation: Provide ancompany-requireded reporting.
- Microsoft Office Products: Proficiency in Word, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook
- Organized with an attention to details
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification in the job description, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. With years of experience as recruiters, professionals and mothers, our optimism and hope knows no limits in making the workplace work for everyone.If you would like to receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:https://app.boulosolutions.com/signup/member. Joining the Boulo Community is free.