15 May Community Outreach Representative
HYBRID | PART-TIME
Boulo sourcing candidates for a Community Outreach Representative to join our client, an early-stage technology startup in the home improvement market that is building a new marketplace to make it easier for people to find the best products and professionals for their homes.
Employment Type: Part-Time, 10-15 hours per week
Pay: $25 per hour plus bonuses
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Community Outreach Representative to join their team to help build and grow their home improvement marketplace. The Specialist will play a critical role in promoting their brand and generating leads by attending local events, engaging with potential customers, and canvassing neighborhoods in the Birmingham area. This position offers a flexible schedule, allowing you to work during periodic events or on an hourly basis as needed. This is a chance to make a meaningful impact in your community by helping people take care of the places we live, supporting great local businesses and contributing to the growth of Birmingham’s local tech startup ecosystem.
Responsibilities of the Community Outreach Representative:
- Represent the company and brand at various local events, trade shows, and community gatherings
- Engage with potential customers to provide information about our marketplace, collect contact information, and facilitate job sign-ups
- Canvass neighborhoods, distributing marketing materials and initiating conversations with homeowners
- Collaborate with our CEO, marketing advisors and other team members to develop and implement event strategies and marketing plans
- Track and report on event performance, lead generation, and conversion rates
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of event booths and displays
Requirements of the Community Outreach Specialist:
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant college coursework or degree and / or a personal interest in and hunger to learn about home improvement, small business development, or tech is a plus
- 1+ years of experience in event marketing, canvassing, or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with the Birmingham area and local community
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won’t be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login