23 May Corporate Accounting Analyst
IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is sourcing candidates for a fast growing company that is in need of a full-time Corporate Accounting Analyst for their team in Birmingham, AL. If you want to work with an established company with a start up feel, this could be a great fit for you. They also have amazing benefits and culture.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pay: $55-65k plus 10% bonus
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision, retirement plan, life insurance, paid time off (vacation and public holidays) telemedicine, disability, vet discounts and more!
This role will be an integral part of the accounting team and will include internal financial reporting, preparation and analysis of the corporate budget, departmental spend analysis and forecasting, and ad-hoc research projects. The person in this role will become an expert in budgeting, forecasting and trend analysis and will work closely very closely with department leaders to become a critical resource for departmental operations and analysis. We are looking for a highly organized, communicative and analytical person to bring extremely valuable insights to our growing company.
- Prepare and analyze the annual Corporate Budget
- Review and structure transactional data to utilize to form department budget projections for the upcoming year
- Collaborate with department leaders to understand go-forward initiatives, personnel resources, and other key areas of spend
- Assist department leaders with key vendor spend from prior year to leverage budget bases on a go-forward basis
- Identify areas of opportunity for cost savings and efficiencies as company continues to scale and acquire businesses
- Prepare key budget deliverables and presentation for Management, C Suite, and key external stakeholders
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis in providing insights into costs, growth, and scale for each department and Management
- Become the champion of the monthly internal financial reporting
- Evaluate and investigate budget-to-actual variances and other pertinent information through key charts and variance explanations
- Become an expert storyteller to explain numerical trends in a digestible story – what happened, when, and why- so that leaders can understand and act on data and insights
- Manage budget requests/ unusual trends from departmental leaders to provide transparency and insight into operations
- Become an integral part of the accounting team, identifying internal variances and reclassification adjustments
- Create custom templates with unique features and key performance indicators (KPI) for different department leaders with varying needs
- Forecasting future results based on departmental headcount need, changes in operational initiatives, etc.
- Creating efficient and effective processes through automating and streamlining workflows
- Maintaining and assessing the completeness and accuracy of large sets of data
- Meeting deadlines on biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bases for various key deliverables which are utilized by C Suite and our Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance/Accounting or a related field
- 1+ years’ experience in accounting, audit or other relevant professional capacity
- CPA certification/ in the process of pursuing CPA certification preferred
- Experience working in retail or healthcare industry preferred
- Blackline experience preferred but not necessary
- Proficient at working in accounting software
- Advanced Excel Skills & working with large amounts of data
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with little to no supervision
**Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification in the job description, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login