HYBRID | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is partnering with a non profit in Charlotte, NC that is looking to hire a Corporate Engagement Manager (CEM) position to join their team. The candidate can live in Atlanta as that is a market they are growing in. The Corporate Engagement Manager will create and cultivate funding partnerships and relationships with corporate organizations and foundations to support the non profit's mission and goals. If you have some great community connections and love relationship building this could be a great fit for you.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Flexibility: Culture, remote if live in ATL
Pay: $65,000 – $70,000
- 90% of individual health plan paid by employer after 30 days
- 20 vacation days
- 5% match 401k after 1 year
- Fun surprise perks throughout the year
- Paid 4 week Sabbatical after 10 years
This position will report to the Director of Financial Development. The CEM will work in close partnership with the team's Sponsorship Manager, who oversees 60+ area, national and international corporate sponsorship relationships of our major events. The CEM will partner with the Development Associate so that the DA can execute on the partnerships created. The CEM will also coordinate with the team's Senior Program Associate and Director of Programs to ensure that skilled volunteers are well-managed and that corporate expectations are met. The non profit's number one asset is our relationship with CIOs and senior level IT leaders. To be successful in this job you do not need to be a technology person; you need to be a relationship person, a closer-of-deals, an excellent writer, and possess the utmost integrity in your dealings with constituents. Transparency and honesty are paramount.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Grow funding of the programmatic work of the organization (Impact Funding)
• Grow non profit's footprint of funding to new markets and broader support
• Elevate the work of Apparo in a manner that appeals to a more diverse funding base and expands our impact to highlight skilled volunteering as a recruitment and retention tool.
Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Steward and Cultivate high 5-digit and 6-digit corporate funding and resourcing relationships – raise $620K of a total impact goal of $820K
• Alongside the CEO and DoFD, personally manage relationships and solicitation of our major corporate packages (approx. top 8 corporations)
• Develop a strategy to identify and secure multi-market, and national level funding of non profit's work.
• Coordinate Board and Board Committee engagement in fundraising for impact level engagement
• Identify internal cases for support and programs capable of inspiring successful multiyear grant funding. .
• Fund the programs in existence and fund expansion of these existing programs:
o Tech Therapy
o Community Impact Projects
o Cohort work
• Work with Client Services to identify how current programs might adjust or expand to meet funder needs, for example BIPOC lead SMB cohort work
• Develop customized proposals to address prospect’s philanthropic goals
• Identify new corporate funding opportunities and deepen relationships with corporate foundation and CSR/ESG decision makers.
• Submit grant applications, working with the Development Associate to provide accurate and timely reports and submissions as required.
• Coordinate with Client Services Programs team to ensure programmatic delivery of grant requirements
• Establish relationships with the Board and CXO Tech Leaders Council so that their support can be encouraged when needed for major proposals
• Create a reporting structure for the activity of corporate engagement so that DoFD and CEO can have insight into fundraising pipeline and effectiveness of strategies.
20% Work with the Director of Financial Development to create and manage an annual Development Plan as well as analysis of funding trends
• Work with the Director of Financial Development to articulate the major cases for support, their cost structures and how and when they are applicable for funding presentation.
• Collaborate with Director of Financial Development, CEO and Sponsorship Manager in efforts to incorporate event sponsorship into larger enterprise proposals and expand these proposals to additional markets.
• Create reports that demonstrate directional focus and success of various campaigns being pursued for corporate CSR/ESG funding
5% Miscellaneous Assignments
• Attend departmental and nonprofit agency meetings as required
• Board of Director and event attendance when required
• Support organization events with logistics when needed and attendance when needed
• There is some travel (mostly driving) to Atlanta and Raleigh at this time
Knowledge, skills and abilities Specific minimum competencies required for job performance:
• Strong integrity
• A sense of humor
• Passionate about DEI as part of everyday work.
o Respectful of working with a wide variety of people.
o Work with a diverse group of constituents – Fortune 100 C-Suite officers, volunteers, co-workers and nonprofit leaders and employees.
• Fundraising and/or sales experience required:
o High level ability and demonstrable success in negotiation and closing fundraising deals.
• Self–starter with ability to problem solve, adapt to changing circumstances and negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
• Comfortable with and skilled at initiating and leading one-on-one meetings with senior level community and business leaders.
• Strong presentation skills including PowerPoint creation
• Intermediate level skills with:
o Fundraising CRM databases – expected to be a quick adapter to our Salesforce instance.
o Microsoft 365 (Exchange online, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
o Ability to provide regular fundraising progress reports from CRM databases (Salesforce used)
• Work in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Knowledge of how technology connects to business success a plus.
Minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job:
Corporate Engagement Associate must have the following:
o Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but success in fundraising is most important;
o 3+ years working in a corporate sponsorship, fundraising or sales environment and/or a nonprofit environment
o 2+ years in grant development, management and reporting role
o Proven success working collaboratively and with high integrity
o Proven track record in achieving revenue growth and successfully creating trusting relationships
o Exposure and involvement with event management
o 3+ years of working for a nonprofit of at least $1MM in revenue preferred o C-Suite and community connections in Charlotte a plus
Don't meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won't be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:?Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login?