HYBRID | PART-TIME
Boulo is recruiting for an experienced DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR for our client, a non-profit company based in BIRMINGHAM, AL. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR is responsible for leading and managing a development strategy to secure revenue for the non-profit and cultivate current and future donor relationships. This role involves organizing large-scale fundraising initiatives, working with Board members, managing the annual fund, and building relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers. This is a part-time remote working position with a flexible working schedule.
Employment Type: Part-Time
Flexibility: 35 hours per week/flexible/remote within AL
Pay: $25.00/hr + monthly internet and phone stipend
Benefits: Workers' Comp, Remote, flexible schedule!
The DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR reports to the Executive Director and serves as a member of the Development Committee.
The position is mainly responsible for raising funds for the non-profit by communicating with donors and establishing strong relationships with them.
Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Executive Director and the Development Chair and will collaborate with the development committee to execute the fundraising plans successfully.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan and budget in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Serve on the Development Committee.
- Develop and steward profitable, long-term relationships with potential and current individual and corporate donors, including Board members and other volunteers.
- Develop and steward profitable, long-term relationships with institutional donors including private foundations, public trusts, governmental donors, and others.
- Serve as the non-profit's major gift fundraiser, identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding key donors and prospects.
- Assist the Executive Director in identifying potential board members with fundraising interests/expertise.
- Research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate funding sources for the non-profit, engage and motivate volunteers and staff in developing donor prospects and soliciting donations.
- Stay abreast of current fundraising ethics, trends, and best practices; stay abreast of current tax law associated with fundraising and acknowledgement.
- Generate innovative ideas and business opportunities to increase fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals of the company; provide ideas based on the trends/practices. Guide staff with solicitation of in-kind gifts, community partners, and sponsorships.
- Serve as liaison to the Board, Junior Board, and Committees; assist the Board in establishing goals for each fundraising effort; develop revenue and expense reports for all fundraising efforts. Manage prospect lists and assignments for Board members, volunteers, and staff.
- Keep the Executive Director, Board, and Committees up to date on donor gifts and prospects. Coordinate thank you letters from appropriate solicitors.
- Plan and implement fundraising strategies around special events; establish plans with tasks and deadlines for each event; recruit, organize, and manage volunteers to assist with fundraising, cultivation, and/or other functions.
- Manage donor database including ensuring records accuracy, inclusion of pertinent information, prompt and meaningful donor acknowledgement, and timely financial reconciliation.
- Prepare regular reports on fundraising progress.
- Coordinate the content and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
A verifiable history of revenue generation and prior experience with direct mail and online campaigns, special events, endowments, and major donors. Experience with planned giving preferred.
Core Competencies and Skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Excellent leadership skills, including verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills.
- Positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to network is crucial.
- Ability to respond calmly and non-judgmentally to others, including persons in crisis.
- Ability to work as a team leader and collaborator.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural and socioeconomic proficiency.
- Ability to work in a remote working environment.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification in the job description, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate. About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. With years of experience as recruiters, professionals and mothers, our optimism and hope knows no limits in making the workplace work for everyone. If you would like to receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/signup/member. Joining the Boulo Community is free.