IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo is recruiting for an experienced Development Manager for our client, a growing Nonprofit in Charlotte, NC. If you are looking to work for a Nonprofit with a goal to empower women to achieve economic independence, this is a great fit for you. This organization provides job preparedness, job acquisition, employment retention and career advancement services to no and low-income women seeking employment as a means to achieve economic independence and strengthen their families.
The Development Manager is responsible for working with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on all development efforts, including public relations and marketing, leading to the sustainability of the organization. The position will assist in the development, execution, and monitoring of the organization's annual and long-range fundraising goals and will participate in the continuous update, evaluation and analysis of the plan.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: health insurance stipend
Requirements for the Development Manager position:
- Minimum 5 years successful fundraising and/or public relations and marketing experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Public Speaking skills.
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact. CRM management experience desired.
- Experience marketing, events and non-profit communications
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong professional ethics which include: approaching others in a tactful manner; reacting well under pressure; treating others with respect and consideration; client confidentiality
- This position requires occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Responsibilities of the Development Manager position
- Work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and special event committees to plan, organize, and execute annual fundraising events.
- Participate in the identification and recruitment of individuals and sponsors for these events
- Support the event committees and its members to ensure information is provided in a timely manner and in an effort to leverage and maximize all available resources
- Track and report on progress toward special event goals
- Perform all necessary follow-up functions
- Input, manage and utilize donor data through donor management software
- Track and analyze donor activities and make recommendations to improve effectiveness
- Ensure consistent and timely donor acknowledgement and recognition
- Provide post event and sponsorship information to the Executive Director for Board donor recognition activities
- Ensure compliance with donor recognition policies
- Ensure proper tracking and response to donations via automated records of donors, prospects, donations, pledges, etc.
- Manage acknowledgement/publicity for grants
- Coordinate volunteer and donor cultivation and recognition activities
- Increase/enhance branding and awareness of Nonprofit via all vehicles of communication, including traditional and social media, newsletter, and website
- Develop public relations materials such as press releases, brochures, presentation scripts, and talking points for speaking engagements
- Develop and produce event materials as needed
- Represent the organization at various events, including speaking engagements
- Follow-up with individuals and companies interested in coordinating or hosting external or third-party events to benefit Nonprofit
- Maintain efficient record keeping systems, including databases
- Review event promotional materials to ensure they meet standards of Nonprofit.
- Identify and research prospects for general support and special projects funding
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Don't meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won't be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:https://app.boulosolutions.com/login