09 Mar Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney
IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is recruiting for an experienced Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney to join the collaborative and talented team of a well-respected and established firm in Chattanooga, TN. The attorney will have the opportunity to continue growing their practice while benefiting from an already established list of clients. The attorney will be an outstanding communicator and writer with the ability to effectively communicate complex information to clients..
Employment type: Full-time. Billable hours requirement is 1800. Also willing to consider Of Counsel arrangement with 1650 billable hours requirement.
Flexibility: In office, but ability to work remotely when needed and family friendly and flexible culture
Pay: $150,000 – $200,000 per year plus $20,000 – $40,000 bonus potential based on individual and firm performance
Responsibilities of the Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney position
- Consult with clients to identify the appropriate strategy to meet the client's expressed objectives and make recommendations to fulfill those objectives.
- Review a client's existing estate plan to determine if it meets his or her current needs and wishes.
- Work with clients to draft estate planning documents, including wills, income and estate tax planning documents, irrevocable trusts, and business planning documents.
- Provide advice on the tax implications of different estate planning strategies.
- Draft powers of attorney, durable powers of attorney, and medical powers of attorney, beneficiary designations and various other estate planning instruments in accordance with state laws.
- Advise clients on how to best distribute assets after death.
- Coordinate with other team members, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff members.
- Respond promptly to clients while delivering efficient and high-quality legal service.
- Effectively organize and monitor client files
Requirements for the Estate Planning & Elder Law Attorney position
- 3+ years of estate planning experience handling matters from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients, developing a strategy for estate plans, and preparing the appropriate estate plan documents to meet the client's objectives.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively advocate for and work with various types of clients is vital.
- Willing to pitch in, collaborate and support the growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login