HYBRID | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is partnering with a non profit trade group based in Arlington, VA to help them find their next Manager of Meetings & Events. The organization is committed to supporting the industry and enabling a sustainable future for our members, partners, and society at large.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Flexibility: Culture, Hybrid
Pay: $57,000 – $77,000
Benefits: Medical (100% paid), Dental and Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance and Paid Time Off (office closed between Christmas and New Years)
DEPARTMENT PROGRAM SUMMARY
The Events, Education, Certification, and Workforce Development is responsible for all aspects of all events and educational offerings for the Association, in a way that maximizes the non-dues revenue of the organization. This includes CAMX, conferences and workshops, regional meetings, as well educational offerings such as the CCT program and webinars. The department sets the strategy for all these offerings and is responsible for executing that strategy.
This position manages the operations pertaining to attendee services for the Associations trade show, the main expo for the group, including conference logistics, housing, exhibitor meeting rooms, and trade organization events at the Expo. The position also manages RFP, contracting process, and logistics for the group's Fly-in Lobby Day Events, Board Meetings, and specialty education conferences. The position works as a team member on with both associations that own and produce the event.
The candidate will also be willing to work in a team environment, have strong oral and written communication, customer service and project management skills, a keen attention to detail, and be able to work with a variety of individuals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with Association and partner association staff as part of the team to deliver the main trade organization Expo. Strives for stellar customer service and flawless implementation of events.
· Works with Vice President, Events, Education, Cert, & WFD, and other team members to manage operations for the major Expo.
o Manages Expo specifications and requirements and communicates these to vendors. Ensures implementation onsite. Includes hotel, convention center, food and beverage, audiovisual, housing, internet/telecom, DMC, shuttle, general service contractor, and others as assigned.
o Communicates attendee services information (such as housing/hotel, convention center items) to ensure it is included in overall Show communications.
o Manages exhibitor meeting room assignments and follow-up communications.
o Manages logistics for various events at the Expo, including Committee meetings, booth and other trade organization activities and events.
o Works on other projects as needed.
· Provides project management for various Association meetings, Conferences and Workshops.
o Acts as team leader by creating timelines and responsibility list for 2 – 4 conferences and workshops per year.
o Manages budget created in partnership with VP, Events, Education, Certification, & WFD.
o Details event specifications and manages logistics for events.
o Works with Director, Business Development to create exhibit and sponsorship offerings.
· Travels to site visits and events as necessary (approximately 2-5 times a year).
· Promotes benefits of association membership to non-members.
· All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail.
· Strong organization skills, ability to establish priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously.
· Establish working relationships and interact effectively with a wide range of people
· Communicate and present ideas effectively orally and in writing, in a professional manner
· Ability to interpret, analyze, organize and apply company policies, objectives, and operations requirements
· Familiarity with electronic communications/web sites, including Map Your Show or other exhibit hall management software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
· Exercise proper telephone etiquette
· Ability to travel and work long hours at times is also required.
· The job requires the following physical abilities: reach for the telephone, speak English clearly, hear sounds over a telephone and in person; lift and carry boxes and supplies used for educational program of at least 30 lbs.; type on a computer; move quickly at meeting sites, when occasions warrant; and see writing of at least 8 characters per inch.
*Reasonable accommodation as defined by the ADA may be provided by employer if appropriate.
· Minimum 5 – 7 years of meetings and/or trade show operations experience with city-wide events
· College Degree
· CMP Preferred
Don't meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won't be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login