18 May Finance Manager
HYBRID | PART TIME OR FULL TIME
Boulo Solutions is recruiting for a Finance Manager for a leading nonprofit in Birmingham, AL. Very flexible hours and schedule. Join this small team of 22 improving the lives of children in the Birmingham area.
Employment type: 30 hours
Pay: $53,000-$55,000/year for 30 hours per week.
- Ensures the organizations’ financial obligations met in a timely manner
- Manages and oversees all financial records and reporting
- Handles all day-to-day bookkeeping and financial tasks
- Maintains confidentiality with company records and reports
- Maintains financial accounting and reporting controls
- 4-5 years in accounting and reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a directly related field
- CPA, preferred but not required.
- Non-profit accounting, preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work and solve problems/discrepancies with little or no supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Analytical and independent thinker
- Strong sense of accountability
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY (not all-inclusive):
- Oversees all accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Records and reviews various journal entries
- Serves as backup to payroll processing and certain other general office functions
- Performs bank reconciliations ensuring accurate account balance and sufficient cash flow
- Prepares bimonthly financial reporting packages for the Board Finance Committee
- Assistants with preparation of 1099-MISC reports annually and files with IRS
- Provides documentation and works with external auditor for annual audit and 990
- Leads the annual budget process and presents to the Board Finance Committee Internal Use
- Prepares and distributes Program financial reports to Program leaders
- Prepares donor receipts, as needed
- Prepares periodic financial data for grantors (United Way, State of AL, foundations,corporations, etc.)
**Don't meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won't be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:?Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login?