IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo is sourcing candidates for a Financial Reporting Manager to join our client, the parent organization of a group of strategically aligned companies that together form the nation’s largest family-owned metals service centers and component and tube manufacturing businesses. With roots dating back to 1921, this organization was formed in 2008 to create a cohesive corporate strategy and to pursue opportunities aimed at strengthening their core businesses.
Employment Type: Full-time
Flexibility: In-Office with Flexible Work Culture
Pay: $105,000 – $130,000
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K and PTO
The Financial Reporting Manager will support the VP Corporate Controller with all duties around month-end close, consolidation, Bank reporting, internal management reporting, the external audit, budgeting/forecasting, and various other daily and month end reporting and accounting processes for our client’s holding company. Experience with Excel and/or web-based Performance Management software systems is highly preferred.
Responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Manager:
- Complete various month end close calculations, journal entries, and reconciliations. Maintain journal entry support and documentation for each month end close period.
- Complete the consolidation of client’s Operating Companies including recording elimination entries and preparing consolidated financial statements (B/S, I/S & CF). Currently this is a manual process but will become a systematic process with implementation of new Consolidation/Planning software.
- Complete the monthly accounting and reporting for our client’s special purpose entities. This includes working with third parties on management of one of these entities and completing investment accounting as well.
- Assist with preparation and submission of Bank reports / Borrowing Base templates / quarterly MD&A / various reports and presentations to the Bank Group.
- Assist, support tasks and provide requested support for the annual external audit.
- Manage the preparation of consolidated footnote support for the Annual Report requiring consolidation of Operating Company footnote schedules and support. Assist the CC with preparation of the Annual Report and work with external auditors on technical issues as they arise.
- Ability to become a power user and administrator for new Consolidation/Planning software, including providing support to Operating Companies as needed for reporting and data management needs.
- Manage AP process which includes one part-time staff member. Complete daily accounting duties as required.
- Prepare the quarterly forecast and annual budget and complete consolidation of operating company budgets and forecasts for review and distribution.
- Assist CC and CFO with preparation for periodic meetings and calls for the Bank Group, Board, and ad hoc presentations.
- Work with the CC and Treasury Department staff to enhance cash projection reporting as desired by the Executive team.
- Assist with review of Internal Audit results and resolution of Operating Company issues related to financial reporting / accounting as needed.
- Provide back-up support / cross training on the PowerBI analytics platform.
- Ad hoc reporting / variance analysis / special projects as may be needed from time to time.
- Assist CC with implementation of new software platforms and financial reporting tools. This will include new Consolidation/Planning software and position will have a significant role in this process.
- Assist CC with GAAP topic research and implementation for ONI and Operating Companies on new accounting standards.
- Complete various regulatory reporting requirements (i.e. Dept of Commerce, Census, etc.).
- Work with Operating Companies on various technical accounting issues and projects.
- Assist CC and CFO with analysis of acquisition targets, industry research, etc. as needed.
Requirements of the Financial Reporting Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters in Accounting or MBA.
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting / analysis, and consolidations.
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting and / or corporate financial reporting position(s).
- Certified Public Accountant credential preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting / financial reporting systems, as well as general ledger maintenance and operation. Experience with Consolidation/Planning or budgeting software.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience managing/working with relational databases such as a data lake.
- Ability to function with a high degree of accuracy and manage workload under monthly deadlines and project timelines.
- Ability to communicate accounting and reporting issues in a clear and understandable manner, including preparing technical memos where needed.
- Ability to problem solve independently and provide critical analysis of technical issues.
- Experience with creating dashboards in Consolidation/Planning or a similar tool.
- Experience with implementing EPM software a plus
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. With years of experience as recruiters, professionals and mothers, our optimism and hope knows no limits in making the workplace work for everyone. If you would like to receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/signup/member. Joining the Boulo Community is free.