22 May Head of Sales
HYBRID | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is recruiting for an experienced Head of Sales for our client, a Raleigh, NC-based technology startup dedicated to keeping humanity in Artificial Intelligence. The company boasts a small but mighty team, aiming to fundamentally change the Artificial Intelligence landscape for the better.
Flexibility: Hybrid, preferably in the Raleigh, NC area, but will also consider candidates who are within a direct flight from RDU
Pay: $180,000 – $200,000 per year base plus commissions
The Head of Sales will build and administer a global revenue generation team, including its processes, structure, and tooling. The candidate must be innately curious, highly adaptable, and have the humility to learn from a constantly changing environment. Our ideal candidate is data-driven, collaborative, and has a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude. He or she is a committed people leader who will value our team members' growth as much as our revenue growth.
Responsibilities of the Head of Sales position
- Build and scale our global revenue team, including pre-sales, sales engineering, sales, and potentially customer success in order to drive growth and capitalize on a massive market opportunity
- Determine the ideal go-to-market structure, taking into account our market and organization’s stage and our key buying personas
- Define key performance indicators and other metrics for the sales function, monitor them closely and report them regularly and transparently to the leadership team
- Create and execute global commercial strategy in close partnership with our product organization
- Be a student of the AI/ML market and conduct critical market discovery to inform both product roadmap and the organizational structure to support our growth
- Create, document, and teach repeatable, high-value sales plays
- Partner closely with product and engineering leaders to distill client insights and market intelligence into actionable product and feature priorities
- Attend network/trade events and, where appropriate be prepared to publicly speak on behalf of the company
- Identify and foster strategic partnerships
- Optimize customer success across the sales lifecycle through deployment
- Promote a strong culture of curiosity and collaboration
- Identify and implement the optimal software and tooling to drive efficiency, success, and scalability
Requirements for the Product Manager position
- Proven success as a revenue leader in an early-stage technology company
- Experience with cross-functional market/product discovery efforts
- Experience selling 100K+ contracts for tech software into enterprise
- Ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated success in building a scalable revenue function from a small team
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Great strategic planning, organizational and creative-thinking skills
- Uncompromising integrity
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict-resolution skills
- Experience selling AI/ML software preferred
- Previous sales into financial services enterprises preferred
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a computer science or business-related field preferred
- Ability to travel.
- No jerks allowed.
Benefits of the Head of Sales position
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO
- Hybrid work environment
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login