As a Junior Sales Consultant you will learn to become exceptional in promoting and selling McKee Homes. You will learn how to work in model homes, follow up on leads, and be part of the entire sales process. You will actively support the Team McKee Experience by providing outstanding customer service. You will support both Junior and Senior Sales Consultants by helping with events and covering hours at the model home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively engage in a comprehensive training program covering all aspects of new home sales.
- Learn and apply effective methods for engaging with potential homebuyers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our homes, including floor plans, features, and available options.
- Observe and practice delivering effective sales presentations under the guidance of Area Sales Manager. Demonstrate model home, community, area, and builder story.
- Assist clients with basic paperwork and documentation associated with the home purchase process.
- Actively observe negotiation processes, client interactions, and market trends to gain practical insights.
- Begin building positive relationships with potential and existing clients under the guidance of Area Sales Manager.
- Work towards achieving sales goals while receiving constructive feedback and support from Area Sales Manager.
- Support Sales Consultant and Senior Sales Consultant by assisting with events and covering model home hours
- Some additional sales administrative work may include assisting with home starts, social media, taking photos/videos, and attending weekly update meetings with the Sales Consultant and Builder.
- Passion for real estate and a strong desire to pursue a career in new home sales.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Basic understanding of customer service principles.
- Results Driven
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and online systems. This job also operates in a construction site environment. This role is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to sit (up to 3 hours in a day or 1-12 times an hour)
- Continuously required to stand and walk (3-8 hours at a time or 60 times an hour)
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms (up to 3 hours in a day or 1-12 times an hour)
- Frequently required to talk or hear (up to 3-6 hours in a day or 12-60 times an hour)
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb (up to 3 hours in a day or 1-12 times an hour)
- Moderate concentrated/intensity, which included prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks
- Average memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making. Average time pressure of decision making
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Must occasionally lift and/or move items over 70 pounds (up to 3 hours in a day or 1-12 times an hour)
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are according to the current model home hours, weekends are required with eligibility for one weekend off per month.
Travel is expected for this position, typically within your local area but may require travel to other areas as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent / Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License because driving is an essential function of this position
- Previous sales experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliable vehicle with minimum state required insurance required
McKee Homes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, McKee Homes complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
McKee Homes expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of McKee Homes’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The culture at McKee Homes is built on our shared Core Values – People First, Continuous Improvement, Work Smart / Play Hard, and McKee Focus. People First means that we champion personal wellness and development. We embrace diversity and kindness. We communicate clearly, respectfully and timely. Continuous Improvement means we expect entrepreneurial thinking. We are lifelong students and coaches that never stop learning and continuously empower change. We recognize stellar achievement. Work Smart / Play Hard means we thrive in a high support and high challenge environment. We promote clarity breaks and we love what we do! McKee Focus means that we work as one team. We deliver on the Team McKee Experience. We work together across our Regions to Build a Cure for Alzheimer’s. It is important that you share these values as we hire, review, reward and recognize outstanding associates based on these.
$40,000 per year / plus commission