Boulo is recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer for our client, a computer game developer in the Atlanta,GA area. The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for working with stakeholders and the development team to define and implement features and functionality to drive the entire software ecosystem forward.
Employment type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000 – $140,000
Responsibilities of the Lead Software Engineer position
- As a Lead:
- Help the Director of Platform with effectively managing the projects and resources.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and Product Management to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Assign tasks to other developers and ensure they adhere to determined software quality standards.
- Review pull requests (PRs) from other team members and provide guidance.
- Guide the technical discussions and architecture decisions in the team.
- As an Individual Contributor:
- Analyze, design, and implement new software and enhance existing software.
- Unit Test new software using manual and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot issues found during integration tests using various tools not limited to code analysis and performance profiling, to propose a viable solution in an acceptable timeline.
- Create and maintain documentation for the new features implemented.
- Rapidly prototype proofs of concept for quick decision-making.
- Work with various stakeholders & help create/improve processes and tailor best practices.
Requirements for the Lead Software Engineer position
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent number of years of professional experience
- 10+ years professional experience in software development.
- 7+ years professional experience in C#.
- Gaming experience.
- Proficiency in developing object-oriented software, with deep experience in C#.
- Experience with developing multi-component software with emphasis on efficient inter-process communications.
- Experience with the entire development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to launching.
- Strong ability to read and understand pre-existing code bases.
- Experience working with backend systems/protocols.
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- An excellent critical thinker with demonstrated analytical skills.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience with Unity.
- Integration with hardware platforms.
- Agile and Scrum experience.
- C++ experience.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login