IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is sourcing candidates for a fast growing company that is in need of a full-time Lease Accountant for their team in Birmingham, AL. This role is an important new position and part of the accounting team. The position includes the accounting and reconciliation for leases and contracts, assessment of financial and management accounting implications, and evaluation of return on investment and cash flow impacts of the company. If you want to work with an established company with a start up feel, this could be a great fit for you. They also have amazing benefits and culture. Let's talk!
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pay: $55-70k plus 10% bonus
Benefits: health care (medical, dental and vision), retirement plan, life insurance, paid time off (vacation and public holidays), telemedicine, short-term disability and more!
- Perform monthly financial close process, prepare monthly activities including rent payments, journal entries related to lease expenses and accruals.
- Develop intricate knowledge of accounting for leases in accordance with ASC 842, including lease review, assessing lease type, determination of key dates e.g. possession, reasonably certain dates, amortization schedules to account for lease assets and liabilities.
- Create and maintain an organize master contract summary and information repository/database.
- Coordinate with business partners to obtain data necessary to perform new lease/contract evaluation, including evaluation soon to be acquired contracts from hospital acquisitions.
- Become the system expert and maintain the integrity of the Company’s lease software, Lease Query.
- Review new or amended lease agreements in detail and validate and/or abstract all related data and make modification changes into the lease software.
- Prepare clear reporting for both historical and forecasted data including but not limited to rent, future contract obligations, minimum use contracts.
- Looks to add value through analyses with business recommendations and through a continuous process improvement mindset; seeks to challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting, audit or other relevant professional capacity preferred
- Experience working in retail or healthcare industry preferred
- Experience with real estate leases preferred.
- Multi-tasking skills and the ability to change priorities/duties are a must
- Must possess attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient at working in accounting software
- Advanced Excel Skills & working with large amounts of data
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
**Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification in the job description, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login