23 May Mechanical Engineer
IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is sourcing candidates for a mid sized, diverse structure engineering consulting firm in Nashville, TN or Tampa, FL that is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer to join their team. If you are looking for a firm that is midsized where you can work on a variety of structures and have growth opportunities with a great team culture, this could be a great fit for you!
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pay: A competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications
- A competitive salary is offered based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Short-Term, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Other health benefits including HSA compatible medical coverage with employer contributions, telemedicine, and more
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous Paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Opportunities for continued learning
- Opportunity to contribute and lead high visibility and high impact projects
This individual must be a registered Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering. Plans, designs and directs engineering for projects as needed. Responsible for overall supervision of projects which are assigned to them. Assures project conforms to the commitments the firm has made to the client and is completed within the allocated period of time and within the monetary budget that has been assigned. May be responsible for several concurrent projects. Must be very familiar with state-of-the-art design and various state and local regulations. If you think you might be a great fit, keep reading and apply!
- Receives project assignments from Project Managers and Team Leader and accepts direction and supervision, and follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
- Participates in preparing proposals and presentations to clients.
- Attends client meetings.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, and scoping for projects.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies, permits and designs for project.
- Calculates costs and time schedules for proposed work.
- May assign duties and schedules, answers questions and gives daily guidance to other team members, i.e., Designers and CAD Technicians.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per contract documents.
- Checks all technical work for accuracy.
- Maintains client relationships during and after project completion.
- Recognizes problems quickly and seeks advice from Team Leader or Senior Engineer.
- Must be registered Professional Engineer with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and detailed understanding of ACAD/REVIT designing platforms a plus.
- Candidates who have experience in fire safety, HVAC or senior plumbing design will be considered.
- Must have architectural engineering and construction experience.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won’t be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login?