29 Apr Staff Accountant
IN-OFFICE | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is sourcing candidates for a fast growing company that is in need of a full-time Staff Accountant for their team in Birmingham, AL. If you want to work with an established company with a start up feel, this could be a great fit for you. They also have amazing benefits and culture.
Employment Type: Full-Time
This role will be an integral part of the accounting team and will include accounting for and preparation of reconciliations for the balance sheet and classification of the income statement, routine weekly/bi-weekly tasks and management of taxes and filings for our locations. The person in this role will become an expert in accounting matters for the company and its operations.
This role will be an integral part of the monthly financial statement preparation process and opportunity to work on other ad hoc projects as part of a growing Company.
- Understand and account for the company operations
- Prepares and supports the preparation of balance sheet accounts including cash, deposits in transit, accruals and other liabilities, as they relate to real estate leases, online pharmacy, capital leases, and seller working capital settlements
- Accurately account for and review income statement accounts and classification with superior attention to detail
- Prepare and review journal entries and supporting calculations for transactions, including but not limited to seller employee reimbursements, working capital settlements, accruals, revenue, leases, and amortization.
- Manage special project request with an innovative approach and attention to detail, including but not limited to, online pharmacy project and initiative, integrating Service Now project management tool and elevating the Blackline processes within the company..
- Research and interpret U.S. GAAP on technical accounting issues and have an up to date knowledge of accounting standard updates and their implications to company..
- Perform routine tasks such as accounting for leases and monitoring online pharmacy depository data
- Prepare & facilitate information between locations and to management as required
- Maintain thorough organized records
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance/Accounting or a related field
- 1 + years’ experience in accounting, audit or other relevant professional capacity
- Experience working in retail or healthcare industry preferred
- Blackline experience preferred but not necessary
- Proficient at working in accounting software
- Advanced Excel Skills & working with large amounts of data
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Optimize efficiency and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with little to no supervision
- Lease Accounting is a plus.
This company is an exciting, rapidly growing company dedicated to improving lives through personalized care. This serves as the foundation for every decision that we make from striving for exceptional client service to having the best people, processes, knowledge and tools that allow us to be better today than we were yesterday. As part of the team, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of our organization.
As a full-time team member, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits to include: Health Care Plan (medical, dental & vision), Retirement Plan to ensure your future self is covered too, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (vacation & public holidays) because we work hard and play hard, Telemedicine for when life throws you lemons, Short-Term Disability for when life throws you more lemons, Discounted Veterinary Care for your four-legged family members, and more! Our growth makes every day exciting, allowing you to make a tangible and valuable impact on the business.
**Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification in the job description, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login