HYRBID | FULL-TIME
Boulo Solutions is sourcing candidates for a Certified Public Accounting firm in Raleigh looking to hire a Tax Manager to join their team. The Tax Managers are responsible for managing and overseeing the tax return preparation for a group of clients. You will delegate projects to our tax preparation staff and review each filing to ensure accuracy and compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local tax regulations. Clients may also need you to research and examine other tax documentation for planning purposes. Clients include individuals, trusts & estates, passthrough businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. Since this is a client-facing position, you will be expected to be in the office regularly to answer phone calls and attend meetings. Our office is centrally located in Raleigh and has flexible office hours depending on commute times. Great team environment with great clients!
Employment Type: Full-Time
Flexibility: Culture, Hybrid (open to candidates 2-300 miles from Raleigh as well)
Pay: $100,000 plus generous bonus structure
Benefits: Amazing Benefits listed below
Our ideal candidate has a master’s degree in accounting or tax, an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, and at least five years of experience in public accounting.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Research, organize and review client tax documentation
• Prepare individual, passthrough and non-profit income tax returns
• Maintain compliance with tax regulations
• Assist clients with tax notices and audits
• Assist managing a team of accountants
• Assist training new tax professionals
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• CPA certification, or CPA-ready
• 5+ years of accounting experience
• Familiarity with not-for-profit tax preparation
• Familiarity with IRS regulations
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Analytical problem-solving abilities
• Proficient with Microsoft software including Word and Excel.
• Master’s degree in accounting or tax.
• Experience with CCH Axcess Tax software.
• Experience with CCH Engagement software.
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting software.
• Nonprofit experience MPC offers a wonderful work-life balance, competitive benefits, and a great professional culture to grow and learn.
•Medical and dental insurance premiums for employees are 100% paid by company. For 2023 and 2024, we have a Blue Cross/Blue Shield high-deductible plan. Additional premiums for spouse, kids, or family plans are paid by employees using cafeteria plan payroll deductions. • Cafeteria plan (§125) for deducting other benefits.
• Company contributes $375 quarterly toward employees’ Health Savings Accounts ($1,500 annually). Pro-rated if started mid-quarter.
• 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with matching and profit-sharing components. 100% vested on firstday. Self-directed through Vanguard Investments.
• Life insurance policy of $15,000 paid by company.
• Additional life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D available through Aflac; paid by employee using cafeteria plan payroll deductions.
• Managers receive five weeks of PTO pro-rated throughout the year (200 hours), plus an additional week for every five years of service with the firm.
• Flex-time work policy with a 40-hour week beginning Monday and ending Sunday.
• Ten paid holidays throughout the year (New Year's Day, Tax Holiday, Memorial Day, Independence Day x2, Labor Day, Thanksgiving x2, and Christmas x2)
• Office closes an hour early on Fridays throughout the summer months (June, July, and August).
• Employer-paid memberships to AICPA and NCACPA.
• Employer-paid renewal of CPA license (if applicable), PTIN, and any other required licenses.
• Minimum of 40-hours of continuing professional education provided or paid by employer.
• Catered lunches during busy season and periodically throughout the year.
• Wide assortment of free snacks, coffee, tea, and other beverages.
• Three to four office outings every year for team-building; usually an adventure park, bowling, golf, etc.
• Day of service. Close the office one day a year to volunteer at a local charity event. Examples are food banks, soup kitchens, Special Olympics, etc)
• Technology-friendly work environment with access to great productivity tools.
• Wonderful firm culture with team-oriented approaches to client engagement.
Don't meet every requirement? Studies show that women and people of color sometimes don’t apply for a position that they’re interested in because they are missing a few of the requirements. If this role sounds exciting and you’re missing some requirements, apply anyways! You may have strengths and experiences in other areas that will enable you to thrive in this role and we won't be able to identify you if you don’t apply. You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo:?Boulo matches working mothers with employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here:?https://app.boulosolutions.com/login?