Tax Service Lead
Work in the Tax field that you enjoy and still have work life balance!
At Two Roads, we’re committed to empowering business owners to understand their financials and grow their business. Our dedicated team members become students of their clients’ businesses, providing support and guidance.
Our remote employees value autonomy, but also know how to work well with others and have fun. If you’re committed to pursuing financial clarity and want to play an active role in the success of small businesses, Two Roads needs you!
The Tax Service Lead is responsible for defining, refining, and managing the services offered by Two Roads, as well as servicing clients directly. A service lead should be thinking about maintaining a level of quality across all teams regardless of who is executing.
- The Work Prepare federal and state income tax returns including forms 990, 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, and 1120S.
- Review, process, and file federal and state income tax returns.
- Supporting clients and bookkeepers on other tax related matters such as sales & use tax in multiple states, federal and state payroll taxes, entity formation, etc.
- Communicate and help implement tax minimization. strategies Prepare entity and personal tax projections.
- Manage workflow and team/client assignment to ensure all returns are prepared and file.
- Define and refine the service offering.
- Work with the director of sales and director of operations to organize and define the service offering, including pricing.
- Support the sales and onboarding processes as needed Continually think of ways to improve service offering for clients, which includes working with Account Managers to understand the value to the clients.
- Possible participation in “strategy” sessions or other special meetings Quality Control Define and document Quality Control standards and means of measuring.
- Manage the Quality Control review process, taking responsibility for all reviews depending on the size of the service.
- Provide feedback to Team Leads on quality reviews.
- Team Participate in the hiring process as needed (i.e. interviews, defining test criteria, etc).
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable those on your team Assist team lead or director of operations with personnel reviews or corrections.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert, supporting the team as needed, being available to answer questions or weigh-in on issues.
- Assist other providers of this service when questions arise.
- Work with the Systems Coordinator to establish best practices for teams to follow.
- Communicate pertinent compliance updates to the team as needed.
- Vet, test, and help implement software solutions to assist in the delivery of the service.
- Ultimately responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of filings.
- Define and communicate the timeline for deliverables.
- Serve a number of clients directly, engendering trust and displaying strong communication skills.
- Liaison with the IRS and/or other regulatory bodies.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Dental insurance (employee paid)
Health insurance (employee paid)
Paid time off
Vision insurance (employee paid)
Experience level: 5 years
Required: CPA or EA
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are completely remote, so no covid-19 requirements.
Work Location: REMOTE