REMOTE | FULL-TIME
Boulo is recruiting for a Title IX & Equity Specialist for our client, a specialty legal practice in Chattanooga, TN. The position can be mostly remote, with some in-office work.
Employment type: Full-time
Pay: $70 – $110 per hour DOE
Responsibilities of the Title IX & Equity Specialist position
- Conducting prompt, thorough, and impartial investigations into allegations of protected class harassment and discrimination, sexual misconduct, and related retaliation.
- Conducting investigative meetings from a trauma-informed perspective.
- Drafting comprehensive investigative reports that serve as a roadmap for decision makers.
- Serving as a Title IX decision maker, including sitting on hearing panels, drafting notices of determination, and facilitating question and answer periods.
- Serving as investigator and decision maker in Title VI and Title VII investigations, including making determinations as to violations of policy and providing recommendations as to individual sanctions and institutional improvements.
- Fielding questions from parties and witnesses throughout the investigation process.
- Fostering positive relationships with clients and Title IX Coordinators through frequent communication, including providing regular status updates on pending matters.
- Reviewing Title IX and discrimination policies for institutions to ensure compliance with the law and regulations.
- Drafting Title IX and Title VI/Title VII/nondiscrimination policies for institutions and school districts that comply with law and regulations and are consistent with specific institutional policies and procedures.
- Creating training content for tailored trainings related to Title IX and Civil Rights matters.
- Conducting trainings related to Title IX and Civil Rights.
- Serving as informal resolution facilitator in the Title IX process, including working with parties to reach a mutual agreement and drafting agreements to memorialize terms.
- Assisting with expert witness matters.
- Supporting Community Partners and Clients
Requirements for the Title IX & Equity Specialist position
- Experience handling Title IX matters
- JD Degree preferred but not required
- Experience at a school district or institution doing Title IX work is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel (with notice) as needed.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn't include every qualification, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login