22 Mar Controller
FULL-TIME | HYBRID
Boulo is helping our client, a firm that represents over 300 credit unions and provides advocacy and regulatory information; education and training; cooperative initiatives; media relations, and business solutions to support its member credit unions in fulfilling their mission of ‘People Helping People, as they search for a Controller to join their team.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Flexibility: Hybrid possible after first 6-12 months
Pay: $115,000 – $130,000
Benefits: health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, 401K with match, flex-spending account, PTO and volunteer time-off, professional development dollars and tuition reimbursement
Relocation package available (within the US)
Our client is looking to hire a full-time Controller for their finance and accounting department. Are you a data-driven, naturally curious analytical person who thrives on solving financial puzzles? Do you possess a keen eye for detail and are fearless when it comes to taking on new challenges? If so, join an incredible team to do your best work here.
In 2022, our client was honored to be named one of Alabama’s Best Companies to work for by the Best Companies Group. Their culture, work-life balance, team member engagement, values, and continuous mission to support credit unions is their main priority.
Who they are looking for: An experienced, energetic, and motivated individual who wants to work for a service-oriented organization that provides an atmosphere that is large enough to be challenged and small enough to have day-to-day variety and really make an impact.
As a Controller you will oversee fixed assets, identify ways to reduce cost, and manage the production of multiple companies’ General ledgers and monthly financial statements:
- Researching large actual to budget variances in month end working trial balance before month end close.
- Communicating with Senior Accountants, Department Managers, or CFO to document variances for any related footnotes/summaries.
- Ensuring proper and complete month end documentation and respective SOPs.
- Identifying and recommending any process, software or methodology improvements to the financial reporting process and month end close process.
- Assisting CFO with development of necessary information for management and board level presentations and summaries for all entities, including dashboard operational metrics, and/or board packages.
- Complying with federal regulations and standards, and financial policies regarding all transactions.
- Overseeing audit preparations and serving as a backup for tax preparations.
- Coaching and Mentoring team members who work for you.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related business area or ten (10) years’ progressive management experience in finance, accounting, or related business area.
- Five (5) years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within finance, accounting, compliance, or related environment.
- Experience overseeing annul audit development process for multiple companies simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a Microsoft Office environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. Our clients are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If this role sounds exciting but your past experience doesn’t include every qualification, apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate.
About Boulo: Boulo is the go-to recruiting expert for working mothers and employers that embrace flexibility for mutual benefit. To receive updates about new jobs and jobs not publicly available, create your Boulo profile here: https://app.boulosolutions.com/login